About This Project
Kroeschell provides facility maintenance services for the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
The George W. Bush (GWB) Presidential Library and Museum aimed to be the first presidential library to achieve The U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) platinum certification.
When construction of the GWB Center was nearly complete, Kroeschell’s Facility Management Team proceeded to implement an operation and maintenance program. Now that the Center is functioning at 100%, Kroeschell must provide full facility maintenance to support the LEED platinum status.
Kroeschell provides a variety of facility management services for the 226,000 SF GWB Center on an everyday basis that have contributed to the LEED platinum status.
We provide scheduled and unscheduled daily operation, maintenance, and repairs to all energy efficient HVAC, life safety, building automation, electrical, lighting and plumbing systems. This includes service on:
- Green roof systems: 1,550 SF in three areas, reducing cooling and heating demands.
- Solar hot water system: 2,500 SF of panels with 1,800 gallons storage capacity that supplies 100% of the Bush Center’s domestic hot water.
- Solar photovoltaic system: 19,000 SF of panels, capable of generating 164 KW or 9.5% of the Center’s energy demand.
- High-performance, low-iron insulated glazing units: Reduces heating and cooling loads.
- High-efficiency HVAC systems: Reduces energy demand.
- 252,000-gallon irrigation cistern: Pre-treats rainwater before storage. Storage of rainwater to meet 50% of site irrigation demands, reducing the water use by 40%.
Additionally, we maintain the onsite exhibits in the museum.
We work closely with the GWB Center and maintain a high level of flexibility, responsiveness and precision in our performance. Our extensive facility maintenance experience, as well as our quality of service, allows us to deliver strategies that are designed to contribute to the facility’s LEED platinum status.
The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in Dallas, TX is the 13th presidential library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and houses the official records and artifacts of the presidency of George W. Bush. The Center aims to be the first presidential library to achieve The U.S Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) platinum certification upon completion.