Kroeschell provides a pathway to an exciting and rewarding career in the field of facilities engineering, maintenance and operations.
Dallas, TX. 75205
From $27 an hour-Full Time
Salary-$27 per hour
Shift & Schedule
8-hour shift Overtime
*Apprentice or Plumber (Preferred)
401K, 401K Matching, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time off
LICENSED APPRENTICE OR JOURNEYMAN PLUMBER, Dallas Texas, 75205
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Full-Time) 40+ hours a week with occasional overtime.
Perform technical work in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting plumbing systems and assist with maintenance and repair of building and site systems.
Must be able to read and interpret plumbing blueprints and drawings, troubleshoot, repair, and install plumbing systems as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Comprehensive knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in installing, repairing and maintaining plumbing equipment to include water softener systems, back flow systems, condensate booster recovery systems, solar water heating systems, hydraulic systems and fire suppression systems; comprehensive knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions in the workplace; ability to prepare estimates and order materials for maintenance and repair jobs; ability to exercise independent judgment in determining operation conditions ; establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers. Willing to assist in other trades when they need assistance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess (3) years of experience as a licensed apprentice or plumber
- Active in or a recognized plumbing apprenticeship program
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Ability to lift to 100 lbs.
- Ability to pass a security background investigation
- Ability to pass drug screening
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: From $27.00 per hour
- 401 (k)
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dallas, TX 75205: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Apprentice or Plumber (Preferred)
Willingness to Travel:
- Travel Not Required
2943 SMV Blvd., Dallas, Tx 75205
- Proficiency in English
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Attention to details with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Solid time management skills
- Professional appearance
- Ability to interact professionally with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Physically able to navigate/attend bid-walks and site visits at active construction sites
- Clean criminal background and credit history
- Must pass drug screening and background check (pre-employment and random)
Potential Job Responsibilities
- Engineering, Sales, and Estimating
- Generate new sales/customers and maintain existing customer base
- Maintain and build relationships with clients by offering competitive and accurate bids and providing innovative solutions
- Conceptual estimating/budgeting
- Mechanical piping/HVAC system design as needed for design-build estimates/projects
- Read and understand mechanical piping/HVAC drawings
- Review project specifications to ensure bid compliance
- Perform accurate quantity take-offs and utilize unit pricing method to generate project estimates
- Solicit quotations from subcontractors and suppliers
- Compile take-offs and quotations to prepare accurate and timely estimates
- Prepare and submit proposals to customers
- Project Management
- Manage multiple mechanical piping/HVAC projects
- Review contracts to ensure compliance
- Direct and monitor sold projects from start to completion
- Manage project material buyouts/purchasing
- Meet with contractors and vendors to ensure quality product and timely deliveries
- Manage construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying and evaluating variances in expenditures vs. estimate, and negotiating change orders
- Create/process submittals, RFIs, change orders, billings, closeout documents and other project related documents/processes
- Work with other project management team members to facilitate and oversee field crew installations and subcontractors on multiple projects – regular interaction with union tradesmen
- Support foremen and field staff with project needs
- Visit projects to review work and ensure safe/on-time field installations.
- Prior experience with commercial/industrial mechanical estimating and/or project management (or technical training in mechanical HVAC field)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent trade/related experience
- 5-10 years experience in the mechanical piping and HVAC construction industry
- Basic knowledge of construction accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of general office programs
- E. License or E.I.T. License a plus, but not required
- AutoCad experience a plus, but not required
- Experience with Fastpipe/Fastduct estimating system a plus, but not required
Possessing the above skills/experience not necessary to apply. Will provide training for the right candidate who possesses ample drive, work ethic, and ability to learn necessary concepts/skills
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
JOB RESPONSIBILITY SUMMARY – including but not limited to the following:
- Operate commercial truck to pick up and deliver freight/material.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions on vehicle as directed.
- Assists other technical level employees.
- Comply with company safety standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Loading/Unloading truck. Need to lift at least 50 pounds.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES – To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a CDL License.
Education/ Licensure/Credentials Required:
- High school diploma or its equivalent required. Current CDL License issued by the state of Illinois.
- Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Kroeschell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.