About this project
The manufacturer selected Kroeschell over other contractors including the original mix system manufacturer thanks to our experience, reliability and high level of craftsmanship. In the healthcare manufacturing world, the strictest standard must be met.
The project included:
- Relocating an existing clean in place (CIP) system.
- Installing three tanks, three transfer panels and five process pumps.
- Linking the tanks, transfer panels, process pumps, and CIP system with high purity process piping.
- Fabricating hot water and chilled water piping loops feeding the tanks.
- Installing valving and instrumentation throughout the system along with the associated pneumatic tubing and control wiring.
The project used a 3-phase approach to ensure a smooth install and minimize manufacturing downtown. Phase 1 included relocation of the CIP system. Phase 2 included the fabrication of the new mix system. Phase 3 included upgrading one of the existing mix systems.
Kroeschell completed all three phases by September 2012 and the results of the project include:
- Increased capacity
- Improved manufacturing cycle time
- Reduced operator intervention
With these results, the manufacturer can now support its expanding operation and meet the demands of its customers.