About This Project
Kroeschell provides a variety of facility management services for an Air Force Base’s medical buildings on an everyday basis.
Kroeschell provides a variety of facility management services for an Air Force Base’s medical buildings on an everyday basis. Included in these services are projects to increase the energy efficiency of the base. To do so, Kroeschell has implemented a variety of approved energy conservation measures that result in the ability to better program equipment based on when the building was actually in use.
Recommended Energy Conservation Measures:
- Installation of a new 10 ton Liebert Unit to cool the Medical treatment facility’s computer server room.
- The new unit is a significant upgrade in energy efficiency and includes the economizer option to take advantage of free cooling when outside temps allow.
- Installation of two (2) new high efficiency boilers
- Installation of new anti-bacterial vinyl flooring throughout the facility
- Installation of new high efficiency HVAC equipment:
- Two (2) 15-ton condenser units
- Two (2) 6000 CFM AHU’s
- One (1) 2.5 ton split system
- Two (2) high efficiency boilers
- Installation of motion control lighting in all the hallways of the medical treatment facility to improve energy conservation
- Additional MR&R Projects Completed:
- Replaced three (3) boilers in the main clinic
- Replaced all flooring in the main clinic
- Modified restroom at veterinary clinic to make it ADA compliant
- Replaced chillers at bioenvironmental building
- Replaced boilers at bioenvironmental building
With the replacement of the heating and hot water as well as the chiller and air handler systems, the AFB recognized major improvements in their energy efficiency. Additionally, Kroeschell was able to enhance and prolong the life cycle for many of the other existing real estate assets.
The McConnell Air Force Base, 22nd Medical Group ensures medically-ready warfighters and families. The 22nd MDG supports the medical readiness of the 22nd Air Refueling Wing and partners to accomplish contingency and rapid combat operations.